Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Fat Tuesday

Well Eli & the Giants took down the Pats. I told you here first-Giants by 4. So I was off by one point. If I were a betting man I would have made some bank. Alas...I have no money for betting purposes and I cannot stand to lose money when I have no control over the outcome. I do wish I had bet someone lunch. That's always a safe bet because win or lose-you're gonna eat. Speaking of eating, it is fat tuesday. I have been to mardi gras and it is crowded, dirty and loud.Man it was a lot of fun.I love going to New Orleans and eating at all of the fine restaurants & some of the not so fine ones. The best meal I have ever had was at NOLA. That is one of Emeril's many restaurants. The food, atmosphere and service were outstanding. The price wasn't as bad as I thought it would be either. If you ever get a chance to go to the BIG EASY I highly recomend NOLA, House of Blues, Cresent City Brewery and, of course, Cafe' DuMonde.
I, on the other hand, have a whole new outlook on fat tuesday. I had began a workout routine and a high protien/lowfat diet at the new year. I weigh myself on the first of the month at the gym. This morning was the first day I could get back and weigh myself. I have gained 6 pounds in one month. SIX POUNDS!!! I would like to say it is because I am getting buff and everone knows muscle weighs more than fat. But more than likely it is S.'s bithday cake(an ice cream cake I made for her) chili & cheese dip I made for Super Bowl and the home made chocolate chip cookies H. made with her chef kit she got for Christmas. But SIX POUNDS!! So my goal this month is to lose that six and another two and I am counting on that leap day to help me out.
I have a new show I am watching as much as possible. No not TMZ-I'm fat, not stupid. It is called The First 48 on A&E. The reason I like it so much is becasue it is about the first 48 hours after a homicide and it is real life. It also features Memphis. Alot. I know my beloved Memphis has a high crime rate, it always has. I watch it to see parts of Memphis that I might know. So far I have seen Lamar ave., 201 Poplar(Memphis jail)and various parts of Raleigh. I have not seen the couple of friends I have that are MPD.
Well I had better go so I can prepare to finish the 100 list and tomorrows lunch of chicken, broccoli and brown rice. I know they are eating better than that in New Orleans and probably 201 Poplar.
SF

No comments: