Friday, July 18, 2008

Well...here we go again.

I have a third interview with a fast serve restaurant that serves burritos and pays well. I am not really into a restaurant I don't own but it is alot more cash in the pocket. I will also have an internal interview with my company for finace manager...that's the guy that tells you if'n you can buy a car or not. I want the finance manager job. If you can move up and get on with a GM company or a lot that sells several cars a day, you can make 6 figures. I just have to do something...NOW! I would really miss my job now if I had to go back to restaurants, but I do not think I will get it. My resume looks like a restaurant listing in the yellow pages. It is a transient and job hopping lifestyle. Seeing as how I have to make a certain amount of cash before I could consider moving my family, I have stayed in the same place for about 12 years. If I could get into the high 5 figure range, we might just move. There are other considerations, like weather and distance to our families and cost of living. If I had to leave here I would miss our house, my wifes family, the summers, my band, my few friends and my job. Not necisarially in that order. I would also miss the suburb that I live in. It is quaint, unnerving, quiet, relaxed, whitebread, expensive and very americanna. I have grown fond of the place. But like your favorite pair of socks, it is time to go. It is also time to go to bed and dream up a way to convince the wife-my bestest friend to move away from her family and try a new adventure, before we are too old and settled. I fear it may be too late.
Later,
SF

No comments: