Friday, April 18, 2008

The band-episode one


I have not mentioned that I am in a great band and I wanna profile the guys and gals that make me sound like I know what I am doing. I have had the honor to play with some great people over the years, in North Carolina, Memphis, Mississippi, Knoxville and Ohio. The guy I click with the most Has taught me more than I would have ever learned by being in a cover band. we will call him Jim, 'cuz that's his name. Jim has been around and played in many nearly famous bands. He is a successful salesman and can play your butt under the table. I have learned how to mangle, manipulate and strangle guitar leads from him and I thank him for it. He is a true friend and if he ever wants to quit playing I will gladly take his tele and les paul from his kind but firm fingers. I salute you Jim.

No comments: