Sunday, November 2, 2008

Influential songs

I thought I would put some of the rock songs I have been influenced by. Most of the stuff that has influenced my playing & writing have been from people that I am related to or so far off the radar screen they might not have ever existed in the real world. Maybe I just dreamed them...Hmmmm. Most aren't even on u-toob.

Yep, the first rock I heard was the Freakin' Who. I Saw "TOMMY" at the drive ins with the "rents too.------Next is the first Queen song I ever heard-well maybe. Gotta love fat bottom girls. I know I do.-----
Man I could not get enough of this song when it came out-especially the live version. My Dad bought me the most killer stero that a 13 year old could have and I blasted it every day when I came home to an empty house. I present to you JOURNEY.
-----
If I could play like this guy, I would have it made. I still love me some "Emotions in Motion" ------
This song better be played at my funeral & Todd better be there, -----
This song led me to believe that you could do more with guitars than country or hard rock. -----
This song will also be played at my funeral. I have always loved this song. It is so fitting that I live in Ohio now. It is not the same without Bill Berry. Man love that song.-------
This song is very special to me. If'n you know the band you understand. It brings back good memories. It has about 7 levels of longing and ache in it. I'd have to splain it to you but you might not understand.
This is my alltime favorite GBV jam. Not something to be buried with but really close. My oldest girl would probably throw a copy of GLAD GIRLS in the furnace with me 'cuz it's the only one she knows, But this one is one of my favorite GBV songs. ------
I do not agree with the wording of this song-I do agree with the sentiments and the music is perfect. I love this song. I am really into this right now
SOooo....that is enough of the celebration of Sonnyfunk at the moment. I will do a regional recap of music if I feel like it soon.
Hope you had a productive day-I didn't
SF

No comments: