Sunday, December 14, 2008

no point here-just ramblin'


I know it has been a while, but I have a new job and I am working my butt off. Litereally. I have lost 6 ponds in 4 days and I have been on my feet for 9 hours out of 11 everyday. I am in training and I get to do all of the jobs in the restaurant from hosting, serving, cooking, managing and dishwashing-which I did today-and I'll do on Tuesday.
Dishwashing is a thankless job but a great diversion. You can just veg out and wash dishes and my favorite part is getting to a goal, a clean area. I am goal oriented. I like to see the finished product that I had a part in. I like to see my ideas flourish and I like a little recognition. I truly dislike constructive criticism. If you do not like what I am doing, tell me and give me a way to fix it. Don't beat around the bush and don't be a jerk about it. But above all, don't coddle me. I am a grown man and I can take it without holding a grudge or negative attitude. I have a really weird brain that forgives and forgets, mostly forgets and I realize that alot of what I do won't mean a hill of beans in 100 years. What will make a difference is if I am a good father to my daughters and set them up for success.
I could have done that in spades had I won that $207 million dollar Mega-millions. The winning ticket was sold about 40 miles from where I live. I didn't win so I guess I will go back to work and hopefully, lose another 10-15 pounds before New year's eve.
Although I do love my new job, I have been sitting on my netherparts for a good 2 years and I have gained 20 pounds NOT being in the restaurant business. That is almost impossible. I just like food and comfort food is my favorite. I likes me a lot of starches and grease and fried whatever. Of course I eat my vegetables and dairy---fried pickles and fried cheese---a lot of fish---fried catfish and tilapia sauteed in butter and the everpresent BBQ categories. I have tried dieting but that is not me. If I die a year or two earlier because of a pulled BBQ pork sandwich I had when I was 40, so be it. At least I won't spend that last pointless year of my life eating bland veggies and baked, dry chicken or bribing my army of caretakers to sneak me a Philly cheesesteak in with my nitro pills. I'd rather die fat & happy than skinny and miserable for the last 20 years of my life.
So in moderation I go. I am not giving up anything, but I will spring for the occasional Steak 'n Shake double steakburger with cheese, cheese fries and an extra large chocolate milkshake & smile.

Mmmmmm...Fried pickles
SF

No comments: